Reporting to the Engineering Foreman, the role will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, fault
finding and repair of electrical equipment within the electrical discipline according to sound engineering practice and equipment
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide subject matter expertise and skills in area of responsibility; advising on solutions to enhance or ensure the
effectiveness of the department/section.
- Perform inspections in accordance with the Mine Health and Safety Act Regulations and Manufacturing and Company
Standards to report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery to the Foreman.
- Assist Foreman in executing his/his duties as and when required.
- Responsible to monitor and identify spare requirements according to departmental procedure.
- Responsible for electrical motor installation and replacement.
- Responsible for electrical distribution and control cable installation, jointing and termination.
- Responsible for gully box installation and maintenance.
- Responsible for motor control centre and distribution board installation.
- Responsible for the installation of lighting systems.
- Responsible for medium voltage protection systems.
- Responsible for MV capacitor bank maintenance.
- Responsible for substation battery maintenance and general substation housekeeping.
- Responsible for medium voltage switching.
- Responsible for the maintenance of electrical equipment (e.g. MV and LV Switchgear, Electrical Motors, Lighting Systems,
MCC panels, Electrical distribution boards).
- Responsible for conveyer maintenance.
- Responsible for overhead crane maintenance.
- Perform standby duties and attend to breakdowns.
- Tend to electrical breakdowns on trackless machinery.
- Engagement and Communication: Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective / sound communication
system with the Engineering Function and operation.
- Company Policy & Procedures Compliance: Takes cognisance of and adhere to Company policies, procedures and relevant
legislation. Manage and report on non-compliance issues.
- Safety, Health and Environment Compliance: Model behaviour that is consistent with the Company Safety, Health and
Environment Vision and Values. Manage and report on non-compliance issues.
- Perform risk assessments (Activity based and Mini).
- Effective Team Player:
- Maintain and manage healthy relationships within own team and across teams.
- Responsible to provide support to team within area of responsibility.
- Responsible to share knowledge and skills with co-workers.
- Responsible to use communication and feedback channels effectively."
- Effective Self Management: Responsible for managing own work performance and completing tasks as per set timelines and
- Grade 12
- N3 Certificate
- Qualified Electrician Trade Certificate through a recognised institution and apprenticeship**
- 3 years post Apprenticeship/Qualification experience as an Electrician
- Valid Drivers’ License
- 5 years’ experience as a Shaft Electrician dedicated to DC winding plants
- 5 years’ experience on thyristor drives, with particular focus on ABB drives
- 3 years’ experience on Lilly Controllers
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.