Our Client in Boskop, Potchefstroom, has a permanent role for an INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN, within their Plant Engineering division. This role will report into the MANUFACTURING MANAGER: PLANT ENGINEERING.
Open to all South African citizens with a valid SA ID.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To perform instrumentation activities, software programming and maintenance of plants.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Carry out plant statutory, preventative and breakdown maintenance
- Programming of software to integrate all electrical and pneumatic equipment to operate the facility within the required safety and process conditions (e.g. Siemens)
- Calibrating instrumentation control components
- Compiling material and equipment list for installation
- Analyse and interpret electrical/instrumentation drawings
- Handling of spares, material, and components
- Assist with panel building, wiring, piping, and cabling of equipment
- Assist with panel and cable marking
- Assist with equipment earthing
- Assist with instrumentation design and review activities
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- An in-depth understanding and working knowledge of control and instrumentation activities and drawings
- Experience in implementation of instrumentation projects and software programming
- Good planning, integration, and resources management skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to effectively collaborate with multiple disciplines both internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentations and report writing
- Computer literacy: MS Word, Excel, Power Point-proficient level (minimum).
- Minimum National Diploma Electrical Engineering or N3 with trade test certificate or equivalent NQF level
- 3 years’ experience in a plant manufacturing environment
- Attention to detail, communication, planning, and administrative skills
- Siemens S7 Programming (TIA Portal: Step 7 and WinCC)
- Citect Scada and HMI knowledge and experience
- Variable Speed Drives Programming