Our Client in Boskop (Potchefstroom) has a permanent role available for an Executive Manager Process Engineering in their division Operations, reporting to the Head of Site Operations.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To lead and manage a team of technical and process improvement specialists in the Operations division at Boskop site.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Plans and controls technical resources in support of process and product improvement, to ensure cost reduction.
- Implements technically innovative strategies and investigation techniques to support manufacturing operations in a efficient and effective manner.
- Design and establish new processes which translates user requirements into system / sub-system functions within the company’s business processes.
- Leads and participates in the following
- Risk assessments
- Technical and Quality investigations
- Process (raw material to final product) analysis
- Technical trouble-shooting and rapid problem-solving.
- Assist Product Development Group during product or process development and ensure a smooth industrialization of the equipment.
- Evaluation, specification and optimization of present operational systems in terms of effectiveness.
- Attend and participate in technical meetings
- Compiling and reviewing process related documentation.
People Management and Development
- Establish interfaces between suppliers, operations, and clients to provide process specifications as required to fully implement process improvements.
- Provides technically innovative mentorship to plant personnel to aid the simplification of process and manages students to develop technical skills needed for plant support.
- Gives input to annual budgets & forecasts. Measures and controls costs and overhead expenditure. Originates capital expenditure proposals
- Tracks progress to cost containment initiatives and manages and reports regularly.
Compliance to Legislation and Business Systems
- Ensure designs, projects, modifications, and installations adhere to appropriate regulations within OHS Act and Explosive Act.
- Adheres and Implements Company Policies and Procedures and ensures compliance to ISO Standards with respect to SHE/Quality/Environmental
- IMPORTANT: a minimum B-Tech / B-Eng / B.Sc Tertiary education. Preference will be given to Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering.
- 5 Years’ experience of leading a team at Middle Management level is essential.
- Broad experience in a development and manufacturing environment (Explosive / Engineering / Technical).
- In depth knowledge of SHE/Quality Systems, other computerized project management tools and process improvements techniques.
- Fully computer literate and has excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with ERP / MES systems.
- Advanced systems engineering training.
- Good communication, planning and organizing skills
- Self-motivated, independent, and tenacious individual who is results driven.
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and the capability to interact with people at all levels.
- Analytical and a strategic thinker with good judgement.
- Proven problem solving abilities on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Independent and has adaptability to work under pressure.
- A self-starter with a concern for standards and results orientation.
- Flexible and has a positive self-image.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and understanding of financial statements.
- Ability to apply mathematic techniques to the solution of practical problems