A dynamic Engineering company in Port Elizabeth is currently looking to employ a Structural Steel Engineer.
- Reviews Client's technical documentation and requirements.
- Maintains project technical files.
- Controls subcontracted discipline engineering documents.
- Sets up and executes assigned engineering activities such as detail design, verification and studies relevant to any engineering topic associated to Discipline, pursuing objectives of sound engineering and design optimization in term of costs, fabrication simplicity and safety.
- Prepares design specifications.
- Develops studies and calculation notes for steel structures and structural steel buildings.
- Prepares MTO and BOQ.
- Prepares S.O.W. and technical specification for steel structure sub contract.
- Prepares technical documentation for steel structure material requisition and assists the procurement dept. in the technical evaluations.
- Controls manufacturer 's shop drawings and connection calculation notes and details.
- Supervises/Approves steel structure drawings issued by designers and draftsmen.
- Implements discipline follow-up activities.
- Implements field engineering activities.
- Contract administration
- Chair / Steer site meetings
- Principal Agent role
- Monthly reporting
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc/ BEng /HND qualified Civil Engineer
- Candidates must ideally be registered
- Ability to design in Steel, RC.
- Previous Design experience in Formworks, Falseworks, Scaffolding, Foundations and Ground Supports , with project management - 10 year's experience
- Ability to produce Detailed calculations and drawings of Structural elements
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Proficient in Auto-cad, Prokon and Revit
- Must be able to work independently
- Capable of meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Work on own, as required and able to use your own initiative
Should you apply for an advertised vacancy, kindly note that your application is deemed to be unsuccessful should you not receive a response from our offices within 2 weeks of application.