Our client in the clothing retail industry is looking for an experienced Risk Officer, to be based in Port Elizabeth. Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Risk or Compliance related role required (Retail experience would be an advantage).
The purpose of this role is to proactively assist the National Risk Manager to manage risk within the company. The Risk Officer needs to identify, evaluate, monitor, investigate and aid the National
Risk Manager to improve controls within the business to mitigate and eliminate any potential risk within the business.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Safety Management Diploma / SAMTRAC Certificate (advantageous).
- Emphasis will be placed on relevant working experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Risk or Compliance related role (Retail experience would be an advantage).
- Will be required to travel extensively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages.
- Required to work on weekends, should the need arise (high risk / operational requirements).
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- INTERNAL AUDIT:
- Conduct Monthly & Quarterly risk assessments on all departments’ standard operating & administrative processes and procedures in stores.
- After audits performed, draft a risk report of the company with recommendations based on findings.
- Monitor controls for stock management, IBT’S, sending and receiving stock, overseeing the resolution of issues between stores and the distribution centre and investigate any variances.
- Management of problematic / high risk stores in allocated areas with internal audits and provide weekly feedback, report on risks and implementation of preventative measures.
- Review of processes and procedures on ground level and ensure any loopholes that arise or are identified are eliminated.
- Drive implementation of new policies or procedures within allocated regions.
- Collate & submit monthly risk reports for allocated region.
- LOSS PREVENTION:
- Attend annual regional stocktakes.
- Ensure that stocktake procedures are adhered to during the count by staff & third party.
- Investigate high value stock loss identified after stock take was conducted.
- Ensure that stocktake documentation has been submitted & signed off at the Centre.
- Monitor the stock count controls (Departmental Counts) across allocated region.
- Manage and ensure that the Alarm, EAS & CCTV systems are maintained and functional.
- Combine a monthly Crime report for allocated region.
- Drive accountability with store management & staff.
- Identify and facilitate investigations within your area of responsibility.
- Facilitate training of staff & management regarding Risk related policies & procedures.
- Ensure that a Health & Safety team is in place at the store.
- Conduct Monthly meetings with Area Managers.
- Conduct Monthly feedback meeting with National Risk Manager.
- Ad hoc Risk related duties to attend to outside the scope of the job spec.
- Extensive travel will be required to conduct store visits in allocated region.
- Ability to influence change in the organisation.
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a team.
- Methodical / Practical.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Big Picture Orientated.
- Assertive & Decisive.
- Attention to Detail.
- Strong Character.
- Honest / Reliable.
- Solid Numerical Skills.