My Client is looking for a experienced Inter Branch Transfer Clerk to join their dynamic team
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Check stock shortages in hardware section & write down all items that are out of stock or low on stock.
- Transfer this list onto the computer & generate a report of these items.
- Make sure there is no stock available at the back store before handing the list to the buyer ( so that he can order the material.
- Stock checks should be done on a daily basis in the first hour of the day 08h00 – 09h00 before the shop gets busy.
- Set aside this time to carry out the procedure each day.
- If this routine is followed regularly, stock shortages will be limited & the entire check will take very little time each day.
- Shop assistants must report to you.
- They are responsible for their designated areas in the hardware.
- These areas must be properly stocked & displayed at all times.
- These areas must also be clean and free of dust.
- The shoppies must sweep & clean the shelves & floor space in their respective areas.
- Make sure this is being carried out & enforce these duties when necessary.
- Hennie Botha is required to help with inter-branch orders when necessary. He must make sure the stock is picked in good time, before George/Uitenhage drivers arrive.
- Only use him when there is a significant amount of product to be picked
- Do not use him if the order is small because he is also responsible for his other tasks
- Do regular checks on stock that is in the marking section.
- Ensure the new stock is marked quickly & accurately.
- Check stock whenever you can e.g. when shoppies are busy displaying items (do random checks all the time making sure the correct pricing is displayed on each item).
- Communicate with all staff members associated with the hardware department.
- Better communication will result in less mistakes & better controls.
- Follow up on returns & delays in marking/displaying stock. Action any delays ASAP.
- All inter-branch transactions & orders must be channelled through you.
- Responsible for all stock that passes between branches.
- Large orders will require help from in gathering these goods.
- George stock orders must be picked ASAP upon receiving the papers.
- Delegation of decanting duties, or another assistant, in his absence.
- All decanted stock must be ready the day before the George driver arrives.
- George stock must be placed in the holding cage by 16h00 the day before arrives.
- This stock is checked by management to ensure everything is present & correct. Invoices must also be generated the night before so there are no delays in the morning.
- Overnight orders for George are packaged correctly & placed in the collection area.
- Courier collects this stock after 16h00 every day. It is your duty to make sure everything is picked correctly and sent in time.
- All George orders must go through you.
- Co-ordinate stock movement between branches & hardware stock in general.
- Keep yourself informed by talking to the buyers & the shoppies whenever possible.
- Get involved with merchandising on the shop floor.
- Try and display goods better to create a presentable image for the store
- Warehousing experience (dispatch and receiving), 1-2 years
- The ability to work in Excel- spreadsheets
- Warehousing/inventory software experience would be an added advantage (Sage)