CORE PURPOSE OF JOB
The Director: Supply Chain Management (SCM) will be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the Supply Chain Management system, and for the oversight and management of the overall Supply Chain Management operations, including; demand, acquisition, logistics, disposal, performance and risk management.
The role is also responsible for the review of the supply chain performance and for making recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the supply chain.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Providing strategic leadership for all supply chain related activities at the Nelson Mandela University
- Provide guidance to internal and external stakeholders relating to Supply Chain Management
- Manage, control and oversee all functions reporting into Supply Chain Management (Procurement, Stores, Assets, Goods Receiving)
- Manage and control the procurement of all commodities for Nelson Mandela University in terms of the Supply Chain Management Policy
- Monitor of strategic spend
- Establishment and Oversight of the Tender Specification, Tender Evaluation and Tender Committees in terms of the Supply Chain Management Policy
- Management of all staff within the Supply Chain Department
- Assist with strategy in terms of BBBEE spend
- Development and Oversight of the Supply Chain Management system
- A good understanding of Supply Chain Management including procurement, goods receiving, logistics, assets, stores and contract management
- Understanding of e-business / e-procurement systems
- Ability to solve problems and advise on principles of good corporate governance
- Up to date knowledge of supply chain and procurement matters in the Industry (Constitutional requirements, National Treasury regulations)
- Understanding of the legal matters relating to management of suppliers and contracts
- Ability to apply and improve policies, procedures and systems
- Knowledge of BBBEE and PPPFA
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel
- Ability to compile value added reports
- Excellent skills in communication, leadership, judgement, decision making, strategic management, negotiation, analytical and problem solving
- Manage, develop and direct staff
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Must have a high degree of integrity, professionalism, confidentiality and attention to detail
- BCom Accounting (Honours) or BCom Supply Chain Management (Honours)
- 8 years’ experience in a purchasing and supply chain environment, including experience in management, negotiation skills, buying skills with people management and procurement systems
- 4 years supervisory/management level experience
- Experience in Supply Chain Management in a Higher Education environment will be an advantage
- Knowledge of the ITS system will be an advantage
- A CA(SA) qualification and membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply would be an advantage
No applicant would be accepted after the closing date (Friday 26 February 2021).
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan.
Nelson Mandela University
University Way Summerstrand
To be a dynamic African university, recognised for its leadership in generating cutting-edge knowledge for a sustainable future.
To offer a diverse range of quality educational opportunities that will make a critical and constructive contribution to regional, national and global sustainability.
Respect for diversity,Excellence,Ubuntu,Integrity,Respect for the natural environment,Taking responsibility