Our blue chip client who operates in the financial, insurance & healthcare wellness space for individuals, families and businesses; is currently looking to employ a Credit Controller.
This position will be based in Port Elizabeth.
Main purpose of the position:
- Responsible for performing and controlling general accounting duties, in support of the overall finance operations and to manage risk and ensure accuracy of financial information.
- Ordering of company expenditure (including stationery and CAPEX)
- Managing all types of queries relating to the purchasing process
- Responsible for the payment of Scheme expenditure and creditors on a weekly basis
- Prepare all employer group payments on a weekly basis
- Checking that all tax invoices received from the providers are correct and releasing payment to providers
- Telephonic follow-up with providers on outstanding invoices
- Reconcile creditor’s statement with outstanding creditors balance as per Pastel monthly
- Responsible for the processing of Company debtor invoices as per SLA
- Authority to capture all preferred creditor, intercompany and un-nominated payments
- Prepare payment schedule for payment of all outstanding amounts as per creditor’s reconciliation policy
- Payment of stop cheques
- Loading of suppliers – local and foreign payments
- Attend to Finance centralised mailbox
- Grade 12 or equivalent - Essential
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Financial Management or Accounting - Essential
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) – Essential
- 2 Years relevant experience - Preferred
- Understanding of internal financial processes and controls - Preferred
- Knowledge of Pastel - Preferred
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Problem solving skills
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Business Administration Skills
- Critical thinking skills
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.