To take overall accountability for the sourcing, procurement, stock movement and control of all direct materials to efficiently and timeously support production and overall purchasing strategy at optimal costs and driving BBBEE compliance to meet business and customer requirements.
- Support of internal clients by adding value to bottom line (including cost and quality) through strategic sourcing, procurement and supplying direct materials on an ongoing basis to support production in order to meet their deadlines.
- Ensuring that all procurement activities and documentation are monitored and managed to drive SX contribution to overall Group BBBEE rating.
- Regularly review APO system (customer releases) for future planned production and manage the availability of stock for future production requirements to minimize unforeseen problems.
- Coordinating and verifying the procurement and invoicing process to ensure that suppliers and contractors are paid correctly and timeously.
- Liaising and building effective working relationships with key stakeholders including suppliers and contractors in order to improve service, quality and cost efficiency.
- Managing the stores by directing activities, monitoring performance and developing direct reports to ensure efficient service delivery to their customers.
- Ensuring effective communication of relevant information to all stakeholders to support decision making for the business.
- Grade 12 with Diploma in Purchasing or related
- Sound knowledge of BBBEE scorecards (Procurement standards)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in purchasing within a manufacturing environment
- Must have experience in sourcing new suppliers and products
- Costing and estimating acumen