Automotive Dealership Cashier, Polokwane, R9 000 ctc (Non Negotiable)
- Grade 12 + Maths
- 2 Years exp in Dealership would be advantage
- Exp in Reception / Client relations
- Monday – Friday working hours (month end Saturday’s)
- Computes or re-computes the customer's final bill using the dealership computer system.
- Receives and issues a receipt for cash, EFT and credit card payments, following the procedure set out for accepting payment
- Records amount received in the computer and secures monies in the register/drawer.
- Makes change and issues receipts to customers.
- Reviews and records totals as shown on the receipt tape and verifies against cash on hand.
- Refers customers who have additional questions or complaints to the service advisor or other appropriate person.
- Maintains Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) rating as set by service manager.
- Ensures all service records are filed timely and accurately.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly and professional manner. Let customers who are waiting know that they will be helped soon.
- Attends meetings as scheduled.
- Ensure that work areas and customer waiting areas are kept clean.
- Reconcile payments received with invoiced amounts and prices of parts.
- Ad Hoc Schedule and service appointments.
- Direct customer calls to the desired or appropriate department.
- Answer customer questions about vehicle problems, the status of repairs, and hours of operation.
The automotive cashier job description involves the ability to deliver quality service to customers. Cashiers need to accurately, promptly and courteously inform customers about prices, the parts and services and expected completion times. Customer service also entails good listening skills in order to understand customers’ needs and problems and to relay information from service technicians.
The Service Cashier is primarily responsible for receiving payment from customers for goods and services, recording the amount received and accurately posting for it and accounting for it.