Our Global client based in Pietermaritzburg is looking for a MAC Support Engineer to join them.
- Providing technical support for desktop operating systems, all versions of macOS as well as Windows and Chrome OS.
- Providing technical support for other handheld devices.
- Providing technical support for printers, scanners and multifunction devices.
- Providing technical support for cloud-based applications, such as Office 365, G-Suite, Egnyte and Box. With these applications engineers should make use of the support provided by the Vendor.
- Providing technical support for 3rd party applications such as Sage, Salesforce and SAP. For these applications the engineer should be logging cases with the Vendor on behalf of the client / user and keeping them in the loop on the progress.
- Prompt and accurate updating of cases after carrying out work.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Dealing with cases from the unassigned queue, ensuring only dealing with the ones comfortable with, and escalating those unable to be dealt with.
- Answering phone calls from customers and logging cases.
- Dealing with support requests assigned by the Team Leader.
- Working with Addigy, Kaseya and InTune to manage Mac based clients
- Updating the Mac support knowledge base
- Assisting with Mac projects including onboarding new clients, testing new macOS versions, improving automation of Mac support
- Being on the on-call rota for Mac escalations OOH
- Apple Certified Support Professional qualification for 10.14, 10.15, or 11
- At least 5 years of experience in supporting macOS
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Very strong knowledge and experience of using Microsoft 365 applications on Mac
- Extensive experience in mixed environments, specifically with Active Directory, Azure AD, and InTune
- Previous knowledge and working experience with MDM tools, e.g. Addigy, JAMF, InTune
- Previous knowledge and working experience with RMM tools e.g. Kaseya
- Experience with cloud service user administration e.g. Microsoft 365, Google Workspace
Please send your CV to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note, due to high influx of CVs, only suitable candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear back from a consultant within 5 to 10 days of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful this time around.