Suitable candidates are invited to apply for the position in the Environmental Sustainability department of a large manufacturing concern based in Pietermaritzburg.
To develop, implement and monitor a holistic environmental strategy, goals, plans and systems in line with the company’s vision and targets. Ensure long term business sustainability from an environmental perspective through improved resource efficiencies and compliance with policy, legislative and customer requirements.
The core responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop or execute strategies to address issues such as energy use, resource conservation, recycling, pollution reduction and waste elimination.
- Develop methodologies to assess the viability or success of sustainability initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of sustainability programs.
- Evaluate and approve proposals for sustainability projects, considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and integration with other initiatives.
- Write project proposals or other documents to pursue funding for environmental initiatives.
- Develop, or oversee the development of, sustainability evaluation or monitoring systems.
- Direct sustainability program operations to ensure compliance with environmental or governmental regulations.
- Review sustainability program objectives, progress, or status to ensure compliance with policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Conduct sustainability- or environment-related risk assessments.
- Keeping up to date with relevant changes in environmental legislation and initiatives including international legislation where applicable.
- Keep up to date with Carbon Tax regulations both locally and Internationally.
- Producing educational or information resources for internal staff, clients or the general public.
- Liaising with regulatory bodies
- Write and distribute financial or environmental impact reports.
BSc / BTech Engineering / Environmental Sciences or Management / Bio Sciences,
5 – 10 years’ experience with environmental management / resource efficiency management responsibilities with interaction at a senior, Executive and Board level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high level of personal integrity
- Innovative thinking and leadership with an ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams
- Well organised, excellent attention to detail and good time management skills
- The ability to communicate at all levels of organisations, internally and externally
- A sound knowledge of business processes, particularly Environmental Sustainability management
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills with a natural ability to build relationships
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet the required deadlines
- Good problem-solving skills
It is a mandatory requirement that the successful candidate is based in Pietermaritzburg or relocates to Pietermaritzburg within 2 months of appointment.
Please send suitable CVs to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who do not receive any correspondence within 1 month after the closing date may assume that their applications were unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for applying.
Closing date: 4 June 2021