Our long standing client is currently looking for a suitable individual that can be appointed as a Farm Production Manager at a Citrus Farm situated in the Eastern Cape’s Patensie area. This opportunity will be ideal for someone that is highly responsible, able to work unsupervised, is positive, enjoys developing and managing people.
- Effective workforce management, coordination and development of around 50 permanent staff.
- Management of diseases and pests
- Water management and pruning of trees
- Establish new orchards
- Maintain records and documentation
- Practical maintenance
- Agriculture or any other qualification will be beneficial
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in citrus/vegetables/fruit farming
- Basic computer literacy in MS Office (excel, outlook, word) and internet usage (support in administrative work is provided)
- Bi-lingual (Afrikaans/English), isiXhosa would be beneficial
- Administrative and management experience
- Strong People management and coordination experience.
- Able to be accountable for all day to day issues
- Skilled management abilities.
- Organizing and planning
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Energy and drive
- Quality orientation