Purpose of the job is to provide highly specialised in-field Nutritional support and expert knowledge to the Crop Advisors, Advisory Team and Regional Sales Managers in terms of the in-house nutritional products, so as to enhance customer sales in the Western Cape.
Required outputs: Functional
CROP NUTRITIONAL PROGRAMS:
- Assume responsibility for the development of crop programs incorporating soil applied and foliar nutrition in-house products for the Crop Advisors, integrating nutritional products with current agrochemical programs and adhere to MRL guidelines and label recommendations.
- Use crop programmes and technical support services to drive sales strategies in the region.
- Monitor the correct implementation of recommendations and liaise with the Advisory Manager in terms of corrective action, where necessary.
- Carry out regular crop inspections during season to find solutions for problems found and make recommendations for corrective action to be taken
- Perform relevant in-house product trials on specific crops in collaboration with the Portfolio Managers to build knowledge and confidence in products.
- Crop Expertise: One or more of the crops grown in the Western Cape, eg. Pome and Stone Fruit, Citrus, Table and Wine grapes and Small grains.
- Apply functional expertise to organise training workshops for Crop Advisors on nutritional in-house products per crop integrating the full in-house range with Third Party products as required.
- Train Crop Advisors to engage effectively with customers through the Turbo toolbox selling methodology.
- Provide technical support to Crop Advisors through training and on-field analysis across all product classes.
- Investigate and address customer complaints that may lead to a claim following the correct claim procedure to log a claim. Initiate interaction with Third Party suppliers where their products are involved.
- Work closely with the Advisory Manager to compile a sales strategy for the Advisory Team.
- Interact with key influencers in industry to promote nutritional in-house products and grow existing client base.
- Act on leads for new products or new programmes based on the specifics of a crop or region.
- Execute on the company's strategy to grow in-house nutritional products and differentiate the company in the market place.
REGIONAL SALES MEETINGS:
- Work closely with the Advisory Manager, Advisory Specialist and Regional Manager in the area to determine the strategy and sales budget of nutritional and other in-house products.
SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY (SHEQ):
- Required to conform to relevant SHEQ rules and regulations as per company policy.
SHEQ MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (I.E. ISO, ETC)
(Applicable to sites where SHEQ Management Systems certifications are in place)
- To participate and assist to maintain SHEQ Management Systems certifications/standards.
- To undertake any legal ad hoc tasks for which the incumbent is competent as directed by Management.
Qualifications and expertise required (Must)
- Minimum educational requirement Grade 12 with post matric tertiary qualification of a B.Agric/B.Sc Agric degree.
- Must possess BASOS accreditation and be prepared to work towards acquiring an AVCASA accreditations within a reasonable period of time.
- Must possess good customer relationship skills.
- Must possess technical and agrochemical knowledge.
- Computer literate MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Knowledge of .NET would be advantageous.
- A sound working knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental practices is essential.
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license, have own reliable transport and be medically fit to drive.
- Must be able to travel to support all allocated Crop Advisors and service cross-border clients, if required
- Must possess good communication (verbal and written), planning, organisation, presentation, technical, people skills and presentation skills.
- Fluency in both English and Afrikaans is a prerequisite.
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience in the agricultural industry in Nutrition and/or agrochemicals and/or agriculture