Our client is looking for an experienced Farm Manager – Blueberries in the Paarl area.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management and leadership functions on the farm.
Responsibilities will include labour planning and management, production, harvesting and all packhouse management functions.
- Strategic direction and management.
- Financial management, reports, and budgets.
- Planning, implementation, and monitoring of the total production process of crops aligned to world class growing techniques.
- Total management of production, harvest and packhouse processes according to company standards and procedures.
- Staff management and development.
- Labour planning.
- Compliance management.
- Provide support to cross functional teams in developing business plans, budgets, pricing structures and marketing plans.
- Sound leadership and direction and ensuring quality product output, accuracy and consistency in processes and documentation.
- Building and implementing best practice policies and principles.
- Ensuring high standards of health and safety practices.
- Ensuring compliance to all necessary industry quality assurance standards.
- Meeting all specifications as required by both local and export customers.
- Agricultural Degree / qualification essential.
- Minimum of 4 years’ working experience in a similar role (as a Farm Manager in the soft fruit industry).
- Exceptional leadership and management experience.
- Financial management, including budgeting experience.
- Planning and meeting deadlines.
- Experience in soft fruit industry / blueberries.
- Working under pressure.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
Area: Paarl area.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Market related salary.
Please apply online for this position if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks.