ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (FMCG) – Northern Suburbs
Lucrative Salary Package on offer!
Established and Reputable FMCG company is seeking a result driven Assistant Store Manager to be responsible for the overall store management.
The purpose of the role is to effectively manage the store with GP’s, variances, stock budget and staff compliment as per set manning.
- Ensure staff delivers according to their job descriptions.
- Staff leave and off day rotation.
- Provide feedback, coaching and training to staff’.
- Monitor the performance of cashiers and giving feedback.
- Housekeeping, merchandising, layout, image, pricing
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the store.
- Check all equipment is in a working condition (fridges, temperatures etc.)
- Conduct regular floor and fridge walks
- Maintain stock, supplies, and inventories.
- Head stock take in the store.
- Weekly stock take (explain variances to Management)
- Stock control – rotating stock properly to ensure no waste.
- Merchandising and presentation of stock.
- Receive and check the quality of the products, weights are correct.
- Meet sales budgets.
- Plan daily tasks, communicate, follow up.
- Follow work processes, manage stock and information.
Product \ Market \ Customer Accountabilities
- Maintaining customer service
- Interact with customers.
- Manage service to customers, deal with customer issues.
- Place orders as per need. Ensure proper times for delivery of orders
- are met. Manage customer orders and bulk orders.
- Follow recipes, oversee that quantities list is given to production.
- Develop product merchandising strategies for the various branches.
- Analyse trends per branch per area and develop marketing strategies.
Financial and Productivity Accountabilities
- Manage expenses, systems, budgets, discounts.
- Maintaining cash controls, purchasing, and rotating the stock
- Safekeeping of the store (opening and closing)
- Labour Cost management
Minimum qualification and requirements:
- Matric/Grade 12
- Proficient in English & Afrikaans essential
- Minimum 5 years assistant store management experience gained within food processing environment (proven and stable track record essential)
- Blockman / Butchery / Meat exposure is essential!
- MS Office – Intermediate level
- High Level of Customer service
- Knowledge of ERP stock system
To apply, please forward a copy of your detailed CV to Lameez Dollie: firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com