Mechanical Foreman (Wood / Wet Prep), Eastern Cape, Rneg + Company Housing
- Matric/ Grade 12 or equivalent
- N4 Certificate - Mechanical Engineering
- Qualified Fitter or Millwright
- 5 years Manufacturing plant experience
- 5 years general plant maintenance experience and wet preparation area experience
- Minimum 5 years proven supervisory management and job planning experience an advantageous .
- Previous wood industry experience would be advantageous
- To manage all mechanical maintenance, and shut work and to ensure machine availability
- Ensure compliance to maintenance business processes within area of responsibility
- Development and implementation of maintenance standards and maintaining of equipment to these standards
- Training and development of plant engineering team to comply with laid down standards
- Conducting of audits to ensure compliance to standards
- Responsible for maintenance and incidental shut planning and execution
- Manage and motivate sub-ordinates effectively
- Cost control of maintenance expenditure within the budget parameters for section
The position calls for a person with the ability to communicate and manage a team.
- Problem solving abilities .
- Familiar with OHASA standards .
- Good knowledge of Hydraulics .
- Good knowledge of Pneumatics .
- Leadership and management skills
- Computer literate on Windows programs, knowledge of MS Projects will be advantageous
- Self-starter with proven track record of achievement