Our client is looking for a skilled developer who can build platforms from the bottom up. This is a very fast-paced environment with many exciting challenges!
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
- A high degree of interest and experience in Linux.
- Proficiency in Java
- Preferable experience in one or more of the following: C / C++, Golang, Angular/React, and/or Native Script/Ionic development experience.
- Back-end, Middleware, Front-end, and/or Mobile Application development experience.
- Shell scripting ability for system administration.
- Knowledge of networking protocols and technologies (TCP/IP, SOAP, HTTP, XML, RADIUS, Diameter, SCTP).
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Ability to lead a small development team.
- Application and Solution development.
- Maintaining and contributing to system standards.
- Improve the automation of tasks where possible.
- Managing system security.
- Capacity and performance management.
- Research and recommend innovative approaches to improve efficiency.
- Provide system and application support.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A tertiary Engineering or Computer Science degree.
- Experience in a Telco or Financial Services environment.
- Linux system administration (RedHat/Centos, Apache/NGINX, MySQL/MariaDB, Bash, Python).
- Big Data / Analytics / Monitoring experience using Elastic, Tableau, Grafana, Prometheus.
- Telecommunications technologies (SS7, SIGTRAN, MTP, SCCP, TCAP, MAP, CAP, etc).