Our client in the Telecoms sector requires a Scrum Master who will be a facilitator for an agile development team. Scrum is a methodology that allows a team to self-organize and make changes quickly, in accordance with agile principles. The scrum master manages the process for how information is exchanged.
This includes driving the software development execution delivery as part of an Agile Scrum Team, relating to the:
- Requirements specifications
- Technical Feasibility
- Design specifications
- Software development and/or configuration
- Development effort
- Product and service testing
- Software Implementation and release
- Facilitating meetings for the team. This includes:
- Sprint Planning
- PI Planning input
- Backlog Grooming
- Holding retrospectives.
- Coaching Scrum Team members
- Mediating through conflicts.
- Helping the team to make decisions.
- Fostering the developer team’s self-organisation.
- Mediating the general conflict of goals between development team (high technical quality) and product owner (more features).
- Consulting team members regarding everything Agile.
- Helping the team to create Scrum Boards
- Giving feedback to the team on what went well and what can be improved on.
- Encouraging the use of Agile Practices within the development team
- Challenge team with to improve Agile way of working
- Exchanging constantly with other Scrum masters in the organisation.
- Helping define Features
- Helping to write or break down User stories.
- Helping to order Product backlog items.
- Helping with the Release planning.
- Bringing people together who should talk to each other.
- Keeping in touch with every stakeholder regularly.
- Helping the team to report to management.
- Helping to further the Agile community within the organisation.
- Sharing insights throughout the company.
- Helping the team to get rid of impediments.
- Suggesting new metrics for the team as catalysts for change and improvement
- Reflecting Agile and Scrum values to the team.
- Helping the team to continuously improve their process.
- Reflecting issues to the team through observation from outside of the team.
- Asking open questions to foster trust and improvements.
- Helping the team to keep focus by acting as a buffer between external distractions and the team.
- Helping the team to maintain their Scrum tools (Story board, Action board, charts and backlogs).
- Helping team and product owner to define:
- definition of done
- definition of ready
- Maintaining relationships with all stakeholders, including, but not limited to Product Owners, Other Scrum Masters, Customers, Suppliers, Group Legal, Regulatory, Procurement, Human Resources and Group Risk.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another related field
- Three to five years of work experience as Scrum Master or Product Owner with agile teams
- Experience in designing and delivering complex digital capabilities
- Experience leading teams using agile methodologies in large scale teams
- API Experience
- Certified Agile Coach,
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM),
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM),
- SAFe Certified Scrum Master or similar
Experience working with agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, TDD, and BDD
Certifications in traditional Project Management practices e.g. Prince 2, PMP preferred JIRA/Confluence, MS Project, or equivalent experience preferred Professional experience
- Knowledge of the Telecommunications industry