Our client in Telecoms industry seeks a Release Train Engineer for a contract role.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
· Manage program planning of engineering delivery
· Monitor and facilitate programs
· Manage the deployment of all releases into production and define / assess release readiness according to business requirements
· Coordinate and communicate the release pipeline to deliver frequent releases across business outcomes; manage external dependencies, ensuring alignment across key partners and vendors
· Track and report on release progress and manage risks
· Manage sourcing relationships
· Continuously improve release processes, implementing best practices consistent with agile methodologies
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
· Release train / pipeline planning, coordination, facilitation, and management
· Automated release and configuration management
· Program Increment (PI) Planning
· Production-readiness criteria definition and assessment of modules and supporting systems
· Systems thinking
· Agile software development environment and methods
· Continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools
· DevOps culture, processes, and tools
· Vendor selection and RFP / RFI management
· Contract definition and negotiation
· Vendor performance, contract, and relationship management
· Expertise with project planning tools e.g. Microsoft Project and Project Server, JIRA
· Multi-sourcing approaches
· Strong business acumen, including with an in-depth understanding of the contribution of the domain or business outcome to the wider digital business strategy and roadmap
· Excellent collaboration skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, influencing, empowering, and coaching teams to agile teams to self-organize, self-manage and self-improve
· Ability to contextualise the wider business and financial goals to the domain and make decisions, prioritization, and recommendations accordingly
· Strong Programme/ Project Manager background is advantageous.
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link