Our Client, in the Power Rental industry is looking for a qualified Power Generation Technician for their Africa Operations division.
Our Client places a strong emphasis on Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the organization's Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and local legislation, and ensure completion and validity of all minimum QHSE training and objectives required by the company
Purpose of the Job
To install, commission, operate, maintain and repair equipment as per work instructions in accordance with Company standards.
- To carry out major electrical and mechanical maintenance as per work instructions on company equipment.
- To carry out all types of service maintenance as per work instruction on company equipment
- To carry out systematic fault finding and repairs on electrical, mechanical and control equipment.
- Support ‘On the Job Training’ for regional operations personnel.
- To complete and maintain service and maintenance records as per site specifics.
- To operate and diagnose Company control systems.
- To carry out switching on LV and HV equipment.
- Assisting with the installation and demobilisation of equipment.
- To follow and comply with all oganizational QHSE standards
- Displays a commitment to Operational Excellence initiatives
- Qualified Power Generation Technician
- Extensive knowledge in Power Generation (mechanical, electrical and controls)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a site environment
- Must be able to work under own initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Good organizational skills
- Team Player
- Able to handle multi tasks in a controlled manner
- Fluent in English.
- Has minimum HNC/ NVQ or equivalent and has completed a full modern apprenticeship.
- Minimum of three years Power Generation field experience.
- Prepared to travel extensively.
- Ability to coach and mentor
- Effective written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to adapt and work in an multinational/multicultural environment
Apply directly on site or send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com.
Please note that qualifying candidates will be contacted within two weeks. If you have not been contacted, your CV will be placed in our database for future positions.