Our Client, in the enrgy sector is URGENTLY looking for a Financial Accountant to be based at their Head Office in Midrand.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a contract position for 8 months that pays +-R50K/month.
Purpose of the Job
To ensure all financial accounting is accurate and up to date, and reconciliations of the general ledger and sub ledgers are maintained. Support the Finance Manager as well as Project Accountants.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
- Ensuring accurate and proper financial accounting with proper checks, scrutiny and reconciliation of the general ledger, sub-ledgers, fixed asset register, balance sheet schedules and related reports using the current system
- Management and financial reporting for the local businesses to ensure that information requirements (both Group and Regional) are met in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
- Provide support to the local operations:
- Monthly P&L and balance sheet reports and forecasts
- Management of receivables, plus provide data to allow inventory, cable, and fixed asset verifications
- Cash forecasting and planning
- Ensuring applicable bank mandates are updated and kept up to date
- Ensuring compliance with Group and Regional policies and procedures
- Ensuring adequate controls are in place across the business
- Ensuring adherence to, and compliance with, direct and indirect tax laws and filing requirements, including payroll
- Contributing to cost management and control
Person Specification/Job Requirements
- Professional accounting qualification
- 1 to 5 years work experience
- Strong accounting fundamentals and good knowledge of tax issues
- Good analytical skills and commercial awareness
- Experience using ERP and reporting systems
- Advanced excel skills
- Resilient and able to challenge
- Good communication skills
- High attention to detail
Key Role Interactions
- Finance Manager
- Head of Finance
- Head of Local Business
- Rental Centre
- Service Team
Apply directly on site or send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com.
Please note that ONLY qualifying candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted, your CV will be placed in our database for future positions.