Our client, based in Middelburg (Mpumalanga) and in the manufacturing industry is currently looking to employ a Hot Mill Process Control and Development Engineer
- Design and implement the necessary control systems and logic (hardware and software) to improve performance in a highly automated slab heating and hot rolling plant - using data mining, process modelling and process control.
- Product quality and yield, production efficiency and availability improvements; creating and monitoring plant / process performance indicators; actively investigating and correcting process deviations and facilitating improvement projects relating to product quality, material properties and dimensional control systems.
- These systems include Level 1 (millisecond control) and Level 2 (process setpoints) with artificial intelligence setpoint optimisation and diagnostic systems - continuously optimising the control systems.
- You need a minimum B.Eng. degree (or equivalent) in the fields of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic or Metallurgy.
- 4 Years’ Experience and if in a manufacturing plant environment it will be advantageous.
- Requirements also include experience in designing and implementing process automation and control systems; a working experience in programming (languages C/C++, Visual Basic, Ladder Logic and Labview preferred); structured problem-solving and Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Attention to detail is important as well as good interpersonal communication and presentation skills - with the ability to give training and function as coordinator of multidisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of hot rolling and furnace technologies and relevant process models and theory will be an additional advantage.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.