Main Purpose Of the job
- Ensuring that the Medical ward conforms to all medico-legal aspects relative to the health care industry
- To ensure the highest quality of services is provided to all participating Doctors, patients and staff.
- Ensuring stocks are correctly recorded, received and appropriately stored.
- To ensure the smooth running of the nurse’s station.
- Communication on a professional level with Doctors patients, Visitors and general hospital staff.
Accountability and responsibility
- Ensuring that accurate stock counts are performed when required
- Ensuring that stock is accounted for and equipment is maintained.
- Ensuring that all patient billing is performed accurately.
- Ensuring that all ward duties are performed.
- Constantly monitoring the smooth running of Ward.
- Continual Doctor liaison and inter-departmental relationships.
- Application of policies for the operation within the hospital industry.
- Ensuring that all documentation required is correctly completed and appropriately filed and distributed.
- Ensuring adherence to all relevant statutes, statutory bodies, rules and regulations, disciplinary code and staff employee manuals.
Education experience and competencies required
- Grade12 Certificate
- Degree / Diploma General Nursing Science.
- Previous work experience in Medical ward would be and added advantage.
- Private Hospital experience would be an added advantage
- Proof of registration with the S.A.N.C. and proof of personal indemnity is required.
- Ability to maintain excellent standards and service levels.
- Customer service focus and integrity.
- To be punctual and reliable.
- To be at all times neat and tidy in dress code
- Required to work flexible hours.
- Required to do after hours call work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills ability to speak and write English. Other languages would be an added advantage.
- Mature personality with the abilities to assist with patients in a courteous and polite manner.