Our international client, in the Citrus Industry and based in the Kirkwood / Addo are, is currently looking to employ an experienced Packhouse Manager (+/- 10 years experience).
- To pack and dispatch quality citrus fruit for export in the most productive and cost effective manner.
- Achieve Packhouse goals and objectives through the agreed KPI’s.
- Formulate and execute continuous improvement plans.
- Coordination and execution of the packing program as planned.
- Effectively manage staff and ensure compliance with company policies.
- Ensure compliance with food safety and sanitation requirements.
- Manage costs within the Packhouse against the budget.
- Lead and motivate Packhouse team to take ownership and pride in delivering the highest quality of product according to grade.
- Apply WCM or Lean techniques to improve accuracy and productivity.
- Communication and assistance to growers (primary customer).
- A relevant Tertiary qualification in Engineering or operations management
- 10 years’ management experience within a production, manufacturing or citrus packing environment.
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of BRC, HACCP, and Global GAP accreditation advantageous.
- Experience of managing a production or Packhouse facility is essential.
- Advance computer literacy.
- The successful candidate must be willing to work either day or night shift during the season.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying.