Our client, located in the Sundays River Valley, and operating in the agricultural industry, is currently looking to employ an experienced, highly competent and dynamic Operations Manager.
Main purpose of the position:
The Operations manager is responsible for the management of all phases of plant operations including: primary processing, packing, engineering, maintenance and product warehousing. Responsibilities also include recruiting, hiring and training personnel and facility/physical plant up-keep and capital improvements. In addition the position is responsible for annual budget planning and execution. The position works closely with operations, logistics, engineering and maintenance teams to increase productivity and profitability within the operation of the company.
- Providing leadership and mentoring to all key resources at the facility.
- Directs, manages, and optimizes the overall operations of the packing facility.
- In conjunction with management, sets policies and makes decisions guiding productivity, quality, and cost efficiency of plant operations.
- Establish systems to collect metrics, analyse productivity and set performance targets that will meet revenue and cost goals.
- Drive lean and World class principals and methodologies.
- Leads the development and deployment of citrus packing practices focused on quality and continuous improvement.
- Ensures robust plant safety and security procedures and training are in place and that operations are in compliance with all required regulations and legislation.
- Leads any labour relations activities involving the plant.
- Directs plant level support functions including all procurement, engineering, materials, quality assurance and human resources to ensure alignment with overall plant operations.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all operations managers.
- Influence a positive culture of staff engagement at the facility.
- Relevant tertiary qualification is essential – Industrial/ Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical Engineering degree coupled with 10+ years’ management experience)
- Business qualification will be advantageous.
- Fully computer literate – MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good administrative skills
- Good knowledge of BRC, HACCP, and Global GAP accreditation requirements
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Exceptional resilience to pressure
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.