General Employment - Other General Employment
- Perform all duties in accordance with the South African Nursing Council (SANC), Department of Health (DOH) and National Core Standards.
- Adhere to the principles and standards of Patient Advocacy according to SANC Acts and Omissions, Company Code of Conduct, Patient Rights and Responsibility Charter, National Millennium Development goals and responsibility of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Devise a working knowledge of, and understanding the Nursing strategy in order to drive the strategic agenda and align staff outputs accordingly.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to ensure operational efficiencies are coordinated to improve overall effectiveness of unit activities.
- Promote effective and quality patient care through the application of relevant policies and procedures and efficient management of day to day Unit activities.
- Conduct environmental and patient safety checks within the ward taking prompt action when required, to meet set clinical quality standards per agreed policies and procedures.
- Address audit shortfalls and rectify findings to ensure clinical compliance to standards and improve audit outcomes.
- Organize and monitor stock levels to maximize efficiency, ensuring an effective stock management system is implemented in Units.
- Inform, educate staff and track improvements to stock control processes put in place.
- Ensure that clinical equipment is managed appropriately by staff and that care is taken in terms of prevention of damage to equipment.
- Manage the laundry (linen) requirements and availability of linen in the Unit according to patient requirements and occupancies.
- Promote inter-department communications, best practice and learning.
SD Recruitment (Pty) Ltd