Our Client in the telecommunications Sector requires a Senior Solutions Architect – BSS on an 8 month contract role, who will be able to:
- Map business and solution capabilities in business architecture models as part of future state architectures across multiple domains for a Telecommunications environment
- Capture architecture transformation requirements, understand the As-Is architectures, architectural gaps and map out To-Be architectures including transition architecture and roadmaps aligned to program plans.
- Develop and present the Enterprise Solution architectures to meet business/technology requirements.
- Ensures architecture work products are governed by the Business Architecture governance process for the development of all architectural concepts, strategies, decisions, policies, patterns, frameworks & technology standards.
- Oversee the analysis of technical specifications and High-level solutions designs (HLD’s) for completeness and conformance to documented requirements.
- Maintain appropriate end-to-end enterprise solution architecture models by appropriately aggregating project and initiative solution architectures into an enterprise architecture repository.
- Ensure the quality and viability of the team / vendors deliverables.
- Design and delivery of solutions through multiple 3rd party System Integrators and effectively manage those System integrators to successful project completion.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on projects following the Business’s SA Enterprise & Solution Architecture function engagement model, governance processes and delivery outputs.
- Perform all the analysis, design, modelling and documentation tasks necessary to create solution architectures for complex (multi-application) business and technical projects.
- Lead projects (from a design and technical leadership perspective) through the systems development life cycle, including the successful adherence to all relevant IS governance.
- Ensure alignment of solution architectures to Enterprise Architecture strategies, frameworks, principles, standards, and policies across all Enterprise Architecture domains (business, application, data, integration, security, infrastructure, etc).
- Ensure that technical designs for systems & applications are integrated end-to-end; are consistently applying Enterprise Architecture standards; are technically sound and sustainable; are aligned to IT best practises; are suitable within the Business context.
- Design IT solutions that meet business and IT requirements, and includes functionality, processes, data, products to be used, application interfaces internal and external to the business.
- Maintain close contact with business operations, strategies, information requirements, and priorities to align with IS architecture.
- Build and group relationships with architecture, applications, and operations teams to keep up with strategic direction, future direction, and technology plans.
- Consult with IS advisory bodies (Gartner, Tele Management Forum, etc) and vendors, as well as media scanning.
- Ensure that project architectural risks are properly identified, assessed and handled/mitigated, and highlight/resolve inter-project technical dependencies.
- Continuously review, improve and integrate processes and systems, in order to overcome fragmentation.
Efficiency and Documentation
- Update the Enterprise Repository and other architecture artefacts.
- Assist with administrative requirements and compliance to policies, guidelines, processes and other governance.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure efficient processes, quality and integrity of information and the flow thereof.
- Ensure reasonable and practical adherence to all industry standards and best practices IS subscribes to (like TM Forum Frameworx, TOGAF, etc).
- At least 7 - 10 years architecture experience.
- Experience as a BSS solution architect within large transformation projects will be advantageous.
- Experience and knowledge of telecommunication BSS including Digital/Online/Self-Service Channels, CRM, and Billing.
- Experience and knowledge of EBU Mobile and Fixed Business, as well as Products and Services
- Experience with the planning and implementation of the migration of customer and billing information.
- Advantageous knowledge of Customer Care, Rating and Charging solutions, Mediation, BI Technologies, and Middleware/Integration Technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain strategic working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills using critical and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrated experience with global or multinational projects/programmes.
- Demonstrated experience leading multidisciplinary project teams and delivering effective business solutions and strategies, frameworks, or tools for use at a division or organization-wide level.
- Must have good understanding of business drivers for Digital transformation in dealing with the current- and future-state business processes for transformation.
- Experience in planning and deploying IT initiatives in large IT & Digital transformation programmes and ensuring a balance of both programme and architectural planning principles are applied to prioritize and align key delivery outcomes.
- Experience in defining solution architectures for large programs and providing architecture and technology leadership to delivery teams, and client relationship management.
- Experience in defining architecture roadmaps and journeys plans aligned to programs/projects.