- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with the product managers and engineers.
- Take user requirements and along with your fellow solutioning team members ideate, brainstorm and devise a suitable solution to the requirements using UX design principles.
- Wireframe low-fidelity concepts and present to the team.
- Create high-fidelity prototypes.
- Take high fidelity concepts and turn them into usable components. We currently have projects in both React and Angular 10.
- Work in collaboration with the Tech-Leads and expand or improve on the software architecture.
- Troubleshoot and solve performance issues which relate to the big three (JS, HTML, CSS).
- Research and experiment with new and innovative technologies to improve the platform as well as the business as a whole.
- Mentoring and teaching of fellow team mates.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate
- An advocate for the end-user.
- Passionate about UX/UI ... and it shows.
- Assertive when it comes to defending design decisions in both code and UI.
- Knows how to say NO.
- Has little ego, takes design criticism on the chin and seeks to improve rather than throwing toys out the cot.
- Always seeks to improve his/her own craft.
- Future thinker.
- A dreamer who knows how to make it happen.
- Proven work experience as a UX/UI designer or similar role.
- Portfolio of design projects … no portfolio, no go.
- Be able to work across the different design tools, XD, Figma, Sketch, Framer.
- Able to work on projects using various front-end frameworks, Angular, React or Vanilla JS.
- Can showcase development work done and talk through the code.
Please submit your CV to email@example.com. When applying, please include the job title in the subject line. Only suitably qualified/shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.