Our client in the Banking Sector requires an SAP Developer on a 12 month contract, to manage and oversee the Bank’s operational and tactical development initiatives which include the execution and, implementation of application delivery programmes and projects against the Bank’s standards, policies and procedures and governance guidelines and Service Level Agreements. To provide technical solutions to the needs of stakeholders by interpreting business requirements, defining technical tasks, engineers’ quality software, performing end to end testing, as well as supporting and troubleshooting technical questions, software, and database issues.
- Adhere to Agile methodologies and follows Agile principles through work outputs and behaviors' Outputs and measures.
- SAP Bas (banking Services) experience and good understanding, and thus must have financial experience.
- The CML, would have to have developed and deployed a system, and we would prefer techno functional, (ABAP and Configuration)
- Knowledge of TRBK
- Strive to reach mature levels on the Continuum model by building own and team competence to work in a continuous delivery environment: Champion team learning and adopt suitable methodologies and practices.
- Collaborate with colleagues from different disciplines in a cross-functional team to deliver against iteration targets.
- Work in partnership with Business representatives (e.g., Product Owner, Product Manager) ensuring alignment and value to the customer.
- Manage work effectively as an individual and team member including the reprioritisation of backlogs and reacts flexibly to changing demands through.
- Produce outline system specifications using solution designs, functional specifications, or technical specifications as input, including input into scope, constraints (such as performance or resources), hardware, network and software environments and depending on the complexity of the project or change, might need to get the different resources from the different BU’s.
- Produce specifications for systems functions, information flows, data loads, implementation strategy, phasing of development, requirements not met, and alternatives considered.
- Translate logical designs into component designs considering the solution design, performance requirements and existing systems.
- Perform risk analysis and produce development plans to consider the impact of design decisions.
- Build, code and review user and system interfaces including menus, screen dialogues, inputs, reports, validation and error correction, processing rules, access, security, audit controls, recovery routines and contingency procedures.
- Assist less experienced colleagues with complex coding problems.
- Conduct quality assurance and approve developed code linked to supplied specifications for production deployment.
- Provide guidance and assistance to colleagues on any aspect of program component design, creation, testing and documentation.
- Prepare test cases for unit testing purposes and review test cases as produced by other developers for unit testing purposes as required.
- Conduct unit testing and fix detected errors. Testing can be done on own work as well as on that of other colleagues in the team.
- Adhere to own or manage team's project timelines for new developments and agreed service level timelines for repairing defects.
- Coach the junior developers on technical aspects of application development, controls, and documentation standards as well as on engaging effectively.
- Perform quality assurance on the work completed by junior developers. Quality assurance can cover code developed as well as supporting documents and test plans.
- Look actively for opportunities to shorten development times, improve skills of the team, and improve cost efficiency of application development activities.
- Ensure that all component designs consider all specified requirements and constraints.
- BSc Comp Science, B. Com Informatics degree or advanced degree
- Bachelor’s degree in a field requiring strong analytical and quantitative skills such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems
- Information Technology: Application Support Years: 5-7 Years’ Experience
- Broad experience in translating business and functional requirements