We are looking for an individual with minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience who will be comfortable in achieving monthly, quarterly and annual targets to grow the Gauteng, Witbank, Middleburg and surrounding regions.
This is a sales focused position and we are therefore looking for an individual with a Hunter/Closer sales profile who can demonstrate their sales success in previous sales roles. The successful candidate will be selling 'Industrial Energy' related products, who has previous experience within the Manufacturing, Mining, Logistics and automotive sectors.
- Hunt and close 'New Business' as well as maintain existing business.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients;
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made;
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity;
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned;
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts;
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge;
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships;
- Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract services;
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-ups;
- Identify and resolve client concerns;
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals;
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff;
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales
- Develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock;
- Weekly and monthly order taking from customers;
- Capturing of Sales orders on the ERP system and ensuring the follow up and delivery of orders;
- Follow up on customer payments prior to new scheduled order taking;
- Manage and record consignment stock at assigned customers;
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events;
- Follow-up for collection of payment;
- Coordinate shipping schedules and delivery of merchandise and services;
- Provide on the-job training to new sales employees;
- Work alternative Saturdays at the front desk and assist in all sales to customers;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience as a salesperson within one of the following fields:
- Automotive aftermarket replacement parts
- Supply of products to the Mining Industry or individual mines
- Supply of product to Medium to Large Logistics Companies
- Sales experience in the manufacturing industry is essential;
- Sales experience in the Pre-owned vehicle parts, Motor spare shops, Industrial Clients, Agricultural co-op and Tractors markets highly advantageous.
- Previous battery sales experience will be an advantage (but not critical);
- A technical background will be an advantage (but not critical);
- Minimum of a Matric Certificate or equivalent academic qualification or proven sales experience (recognition of prior learning);
- A relevant tertiary education from a reputable institution, is preferable;
- Display strong new Business Development Skills, with proven achievements;
- Attention to detail, reliable and punctual;
- Must be organized and able to perform administrative functions and a team player;
- Must be computer literate in Excel, Word and experienced in various ERP systems;
- Sound communication skills;
- Have initiative to improve the company in the position employed;
- Have suitable Leadership qualities;
- Valid Code 08 driver’s license is a requirement.