Our client requires a Release Management on a 6-month contract. The release manager is responsible for the release management lifecycle, focusing on coordinating various aspects of production and projects into one integrated solution. They are responsible for ensuring that resources, timelines, and the overall quality of the process are all considered and accounted for. The Release Manager is involved in several different company aspects including planning, tracking, risk management, testing, communication, and release/deployment.
- Planning release windows and the overall release lifecycle
- Must be fluent in ITIL processes.
- Managing risks that may affect release scope.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements.
- Measure and monitor progress.
- Ensure releases are delivered within budget and requirements.
- Manage relationships and coordinate projects between different teams.
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations.
- The link between IT Planning and Operations when releases are deployed into production.
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books, and Implementation Plans
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required.
- Negotiate, plan, and manage all release activities.
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges Version: 1.0 Confidential Version date: May 2019 Page 2 of 6
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Participate and run CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblock.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyses their application to current configuration management needs.