The purpose of the Project Manager’s role is to deliver projects, with business value, within the agreed milestone deadlines and budget. The project manager is responsible for the planning and scheduling of projects, which includes but is not limited to developing project plans, monitoring and reporting status, and identifying and mitigating project risks. Manages all projects through the appropriate PM methodology, tools, techniques and knowledge to meet the expectations of all internal and external stakeholders whilst ensuring that time, scope, cost and quality plans are monitored, controlled and achieved.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Responsible for the Project Charter, Project Plan, Project Costing, Budget and all project deliverables and milestones, including reporting there on e.g Project status and profitability reports
- Responsible for all project administration, including but not limited to communications, meetings, minutes, signoffs and invoicing in line with project milestones
- Ensure project compliance documents are approved and all other project related documents are compiled, stored, and maintained throughout the project life cycle
- Provide information on project pricing, deliverables and activities based on the accepted project proposal to the relevant business units (internal) and client (external)
- Responsible for maintaining client and third party relationships
- Informs clients on project progress through progress meetings and clearly communicated documentation
- Manages relationships amongst team members and plans all resources (human resourses, financial resources, etc) in line with project capacity requirements and milestones or deadlines to ensure maximum productivity and service delivery is achieved
- Mitigation and management of project risks and issues, putting contingency plans in place and escalating where required
- Ensure projects are closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and lessons learned are captured and action Project Status Reporting
- Comply with all administrative, SLA and ISO requirements as published and as revised from time to time
- Ensure compliance of statutory regulations and governance relating to corporate and project office policies, processes and procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders and commercial enterprises to facilitate the accomplishment of the organisation goals.
- Ability to influence or persuade others to gain acceptance or agreement of ideas and approaches.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with all roles players of the organisation to allow for a culture of continuous improvement.
Problem Solving and Analysis
- Ability to understand issues and make systematic and rational judgments based on the relevant information.
- Ability to take strategic decisions to mitigate medium/long term risks.
- Ability to take a broad-based view of issues and events and understand their longer-term impact or wider implications.
- Ability to translate strategies into strategic and operational activities.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams on critical strategic initiatives, including defining the project scope, performing financial analysis, synthesizing recommendations, presenting results to leadership, and driving adoption and implementation.
- Manage multiple projects and associated risk.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Sound interpersonal skills, creativity and ability to mix with other people
- Sound communication skills
- Have a high standard of written English skills
- Ability to communicate with high-profile clients
- Excellent verbal ability, communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials
- Self confidence
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Problem-solving and solutions orientation
- Must be organised
- Strong achievement orientation, determination and tenacity
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- An applicable project management qualification
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and MS Projects
- Knowledge of Visio will be an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years Project Management experience in IT related projects
- Broad project management methodology knowledge in both theoretical and practical aspects
- Knowledge of the ITS Integrator system and/or Learning Management System will be advantageous.