Network Operations Center (NOC) Analyst
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Analyst performs technical analysis of system issues and outages as they occur across customer enterprise networks. This individual then performs research to troubleshoot and resolve the issue or, depending upon complexity, escalates the issue to higher-level systems administrators and network engineers. The NOC Analyst is responsible for researching and documenting various mitigation strategies, and must maintain current and thorough knowledge of customer technologies and their significance to customer operations. This individual must be able to prioritize remediation of issues in a 24 x 7 environment with critical uptime requirements. The NOC analyst may also perform basic system administration tasks such as network/system troubleshooting, patching operating systems and applications, and executing various scripts.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide timely response to all incidents, outages and performance alerts. Categorize issues for escalation to appropriate technical teams
- Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact
- Collect and review performance reports for various systems, and report trends in hardware and application performance to assist senior technical personnel to predict future issues or outages
- Monitor a wide variety of information and network systems that include, but are not limited to telecommunications circuits, LAN/WAN systems, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP systems, servers, storage, backup, operating systems and core applications
- Document all actions in accordance with standard company policies and procedures
- Notify customer and third-party service providers of issues, outages and remediation status
- Work with internal and external technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks (installation of patches, network connectivity testing, script execution, etc.)
- Support multiple technical teams in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements. Varied shift schedules may include day or evening hours.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of three years of experience supporting and monitoring network systems, servers or storage in an enterprise environment. Previous NOC experience is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of key network monitoring protocols
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with customers and technical personnel in high-stress situations
- Basic Microsoft and/or Cisco certifications (CCNA, MCITP, etc.)
- Broad experience using a variety of monitoring and ticket management tools
- Experience providing remote support using virtual desktop tools