I am looking for a Qualified Millwright to join a Manufacturing company in Roodekop, Johannesbug.
Apply Online only.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify specific safety hazards that will be encountered in the performance of your work and take corrective action to minimize these.
- Apply LOTOTO before starting a task.
- Wear required personal protective clothing provided by the company.
- Escalate and rectify any safety issues within their work area
- Adhere to all SHEQ procedures and policies.
- Ensure that the quality of the products are strictly adhered to always.
- Inform your superior of any substandard or defective parts received from a supplier.
- Ensure that maintenance is done using the correct materials and tools
- Make sure that all tools used are safe without defects and locked away at the end of each day.
- Determine and include QA/QC requirements on jobs.
- Participate and ensure a high standard of Quality work always.
- Perform daily inspection.
- Responsible for maintaining production equipment availability and performance at satisfactory levels through planning, scheduling, coordinating and reporting of repair activities.
- Ensure resources are allocated and adequate to complete these tasks.
- Must be able to identify and prioritize multiple projects and perform work with a constant awareness of improving processes.
- Troubleshoot systems/process problem and the repair of such work.
- Attend to and rectify all breakdowns and stoppages.
- Ensure legal compliance on all machines and equipment.
- Ensure good housekeeping in the area of responsibility in line with 5S.
- Assist in other areas/divisions in the company when needed.
- Ensure reduction of breakdowns through quality workmanship thereby increasing the unit operating efficiency (OE).
- Ensure planning and execution of all planned maintenance activities.
- Be involved in all Focused improvement sessions and contribute to the reduction of major losses.
- Ensure the implementation of all improvements.
- Gather necessary engineering of technical documents, specifications and drawings.
- Write clear and concise work procedures.
- Preparation of reports, metrics, and use of other tracking tools is key to the success of this position.
- Plan and arrange for parts required to perform work.
- Do normal break down and autonomous work orders in conjunction with the monthly, daily and weekly schedules.
- Be available after hours and for standby.
- Troubleshoot system problems and the repair of such work.
- Perform duties on workshop floor.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12
- Red Seal Millwright
- Preferably 5 years’ experience as a Millwright in a FMCG industry
- Preferably experience or knowledge on PLC systems (SIEMENS S7)
- Experience or knowledge on VSD’s (SIEMENS)
- Experience or knowledge on P.P.M. (Planned Preventative Maintenance)
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s licence and have reliable transport