We are looking for an experienced Managing Director for an Engineering/ Manufacturing Company in the Alberton area, the MD will be responsible for implementing the Company’s strategy with a view to creating shareholder value. The MD’s leadership role also entails being ultimately responsible for all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Company’s long and short term plans. The MD also communicates on behalf of the Company to shareholders, employees, Government authorities, other stakeholders and the public.
- A minimum of 10 years’ manufacturing and commercial experience;
- Previous MD experience essential;
- Sales and marketing experience will be an advantage;
- Preferably HDI candidate;
- Excellent leadership and written communication skills;
- Business and financial acumen;
- An appropriate technical bachelors’ degree is a minimum.
Key performance areas:
- Sit in on committees of the Board where appropriate as determined by the Board.
- Ensuring that the Chairman and the board is alerted to forthcoming complex, contentious or sensitive issues affecting the Group of which they might otherwise not be aware.
- Providing input into the Board's agenda through discussions amongst themselves and other members of the executive team.
- Providing information and advice on succession planning, to the Board.
- Proposing to the board any appropriate changes to the vision and purpose of the organization.
- Ensure that the Company maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business.
- Working with the Executive team to develop the Group Strategy and commercial objectives for tabling with the Board for approval.
- Ensuring that the executive team gives appropriate priority to Board reporting in an accurate, timely and clear nature.
- Keep abreast of all material undertakings and activities of the Company and all material external factors affecting the Company and to ensure that processes and systems are in place to ensure that the board and management of the Company are adequately informed.
- Ensuring that the development needs of the executive directors and other senior management reporting to them are identified and endeavoured to be met.
- Take full responsibility for the day to day operations of the company.
- Leading the executive management of the Group's business, consistent with the strategy and commercial objectives agreed by the Board
- Promoting, and conducting the affairs of the Group with, the highest standards of integrity, probity and corporate governance.
- Act as a liaison between management and the Board.
- Leading the executive team in effecting the Board's, and where applicable its Committees', decisions.
- Ensure the integrity of all public disclosure by the Company.
- Maintenance and protection of the reputation of the company.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.