A well established organisation specialising in Office Automation, Telecommunications, Software and Managed Document Solutions seeks a Major Accounts Sales Executive who is highly dynamic, educated and who has a stable work history to manage and develop Top clients in the Johannesburg North area.
The main responsibility of the role is to identify and acquire new Major/Corporate potential clients and business opportunities for Managed Document Services. The role is responsible for the successful execution of the sales methodology targeting the top 500 companies in South Africa and management of the relationship with particular customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Professionally and effectively employs sales methodology skills to achieve targets
- Increase the level of revenue and business mix from individual clients
- Increase share of each target market (vertical market strategy)
- Conduct ongoing research and Database management on CRM
- Maintain an accurate and current database on System
- Identify and develop sources of potential clients
- Effectively communicate with clients to gain commitment to purchase
- Maintain regular contact with Key Clients and update records accordingly
- Develop and maintain relationships which benefit both client and the company
- Overcome client resistance/objections to products
- Provide a weekly schedule of planned activities to achieve target.
- Achieve sales activities within specified time scales as directed by Manager
- Demonstrate a full knowledge of all products, relevant selling points and benefits and so doing, match appropriate products to clients’ requirements
- Maintain a current and accurate knowledge of competitor products, be able to highlight their disadvantages and promote relevant benefits
- Keep abreast of competitor activity and recommend any necessary tactical action
- Provide time-phased, qualified reports on achievement and activities
- Liaise with other members of Business Development Team to actively promote sales opportunities, exchange information and increase professionalism
- Obtain necessary authority for expenses and record same in line with Company Policy
- Undertake any reasonable duties as specified by Manager
Desired Experience & Qualification
- At least 3 years experience in the Office Automation or Telecommunications industry essential
- At least 3 years experience in Sales, Marketing and Business Development (Office Automation specifically)
- Experience in working with corporate business
- Experience in working with Senior Management to align sales strategies and solutions
- Experience in business process management.
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles