General Employment - Other General Employment
- Establish a compliance function in line with the standards set by the Compliance Institute of South Africa (CISA).
- Take responsibility for the management of the organisational compliance function and implementation of the Generally Acceptable Compliance Practice (GACP) principles and the Code of Conduct, Ethics for Compliance Practitioners.
- Develop, ensure implementation, and monitor compliance with relevant policies.
- Advise relevant role players regarding new legislation or amendments to current legislation and the interpretation/impact thereof.
- Advice on integrated internal control systems and implement internal controls, effective and adequate systems.
- Develop, monitor, and review compliance risk management plan (CRMP).
- Ensure monitoring of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Managing the Compliance Risk Framework and Compliance Implementation Plan in line with the National Treasury Compliance Framework.
- Responsible for the entire legislative compliance of the organization.
- Monitor compliance to all statutory and regulatory imperatives.
- Compile and maintain a statutory compliance register and Compliance Risk Management Plan (CRMP).
- Compile and submit compliance reports to Management, Group Executive Committee (EXCO), the Audit and Risk Committee (ARC), and the Board and any identified stakeholder.
- Attend to any compliance-related matters as identified by the Group.
- Degree and/or diploma in legal/ accounting/ internal audit/compliance/any other relevant field.
- Membership with a professional body such as CISA/IRMSA/Legal professional body/ Ethics Practitioners Association/Governance institute would be an added advantage.
- 1-3 years’ experience within the compliance function.
- Knowledge of the prevailing legislative compliance and regulatory framework including but not limited to PFMA, PPPFA, Treasury Regulations, King Report on Corporate Governance, Companies Act as well as applicable Treasury Regulations and Auditor-General requirements