General Employment - Other General Employment
- Bachelor of Commerce in Law or LLB (minimum).
- Possession of a CIS or Company Secretarial qualification (an added advantage).
- 5 years Company/ Board secretarial experience.
- Corporate Governance (Protocol on Corporate Governance in the Public Sector, King IV, governance best practice, corporate law).
- General knowledge of broader political, economic, and social environment.
- Company/ Board Secretary experience advantageous.
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet search, Email, Contacts Databases); CRM software experience and SharePoint document management advantageous.
- Organizing / Logistics (of meetings etc.)
- Corporate Governance.
- Ability to use judgement /discernment.
Key Performance Areas:
- Providing Secretariat to the Board Committees (Exco, Audit HR/Rem, Provincial and Marketing Committees).
- Assisting the Director: Governance, Legal and Board Secretariat in:
- Carrying out appointments, retirements, resignations, and removal of Board Members.
- Registering Trustee Changes with the Master of the High Court.
- Assisting the Director: Governance, Legal and Board Secretariat and the Assistant Board Secretary in preparing for and organizing meetings.
- Drafting and finalizing the agenda and packs, organizing the logistics, minute taking, response, feedback to specific agenda items / matters arising.
- Undertaking any follow-up and maintaining professional relationships.
- Raise matters that warrant the Board’s attention.
- Informing, advising, and supporting the Board in terms of Governance and Compliance.
- Maintenance of Board, Committees, and other stakeholder Database and mailing lists
- Establishment and maintenance of a filing and document management system for the Secretariat.
- Making recommendations to the CEO regarding amendments needed to the Trust Deed and/or Shareholder Compact based on information received while performing secretariat function.
- Policy drafting, review, and maintenance.
- Stand in for the Director: Governance, Legal and Board Secretariat.