Governance Administrative Assistant -12 months fixed term contract
Wednesday, 16 June 2021
General Employment - Other General Employment
- Assist in arranging meetings, appointments.
- Maintaining files/folders on department and BSA servers.
- Download meeting minutes recordings and file electronically.
- Minute taking of Ad hoc Committee Meetings as and when required; and
- Doing administrative and clerical tasks (such as scanning, printing, photocopying, and filing).
- To assist with the implementation of all Governance & Board Secretariat policies, processes, and procedures (Terms of reference, Manuals, Governance policies, Trustees’ list on letterheads and website.
- To assist in the planning and implementation of public nomination processes, induction, and trustee training processes in collaboration with the Assistant Board Secretary.
- To assist in the updating of Trustee files, including the declaration of interest forms, remuneration claim forms, CV's, work, and home addresses.).
- To be proactive in updating Trustee records when status changes and facilitating the updating of the Letter of Authority with the Master of the High Court (i.e., resignations, appointments.)
- To assist in specific Board Secretariat work programs, projects, and research as determined by the Assistant Board Secretary (Governance training, Board evaluation, minute taking of delegated meetings.).
- To assist in managing various board secretariat tasks, including printing meeting packs, confidential Board documents, uploading of POE, updating minute books, scanning, and filing of minutes.
- To be proactive in dealing with the payment processing and remuneration breakdown dissemination of trustee payments (i.e., meeting claims, dates of meetings/events and compiling of supporting documents, etc.) and payment information request Trustees.
- To ensure that all Finance and Supply Chain Management compliance issues are adhered to (RFQ, RFP, Invoice payments, etc.)
- CIS or Secretarial Diploma
- 3-5 Years’ prior Company Secretariat experience.
- 2 years Minute-taking skills essential
- Experience in a legal/paralegal environment would be an added advantage.
- Secretarial software packages.
- Knowledge of the King Code, Companies Act, Policy on Good Governance, PFMA essential.