- Generate VSD business from new and existing customers
- Internal and external technical support of the drives business
- Customer liaison and visits
- Commissioning and basic repairs
- Other reasonable tasks as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- An N6 / S4 in Electrical Engineering or similar qualification will be advantageous
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Variable Speed Drives or Automation industry
- Electrical background or related electrical experience would be an advantage
- Computer literacy – good general computer knowledge and experience as well as Windows, MS Word, and Excel. (SYSPRO is an advantage)
- Excellent people, communication, and organisational skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- CRM experience will be advantageous
- A legal driver’s licence.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, including formal communications and making presentations.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- A sense of urgency with a strong customer service orientation.
- Willingness and freedom to travel extensively, including frequent overnight stays away from home base.
- Hard working, resourceful, ambitious and have excellent business acumen.
- Be able to negotiate and close deals.