Join one of the leading software businesses in South Africa, with a global footprint covering Africa, Australasia and Europe. AdaptIT (Education) is a dominant player in the public higher education sector, with over 70% of the local market in South Africa. Our Pan African strategy has seen the business establish offices in Botswana, Kenya, Mauritius and currently working on establishing a formal presence in West Africa to support our clients in Ghana and other West African countries.
Our rapid growth has seen us extend our presence into the private higher education sector with the acquisition of Strivesoft iCAS product, as well as Wisenet. Adapt IT is also a certified partner in Moodle LMS services, offering digital teaching and learning solutions to the customers in public, private as well as corporate customers. Globally, the Education business supports close to a thousand clients with student enrolments in the excess of two million. The Education business earns a significant component of its revenue from existing clients through annual maintenance and support agreements, as well as well as upselling opportunities. The Consulting and Customer Care executive’s overall responsibility covers two main areas, namely, the effective implementation of projects for new customers across our product portfolio and the second area of responsibility relates to ensuring compliance to our customer service level through the dedicated customer care and technical team.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Leads a team of project managers and consultants in bid response handling, project implementation, training and post go-live support;
- Oversee provision of infrastructure hosting and support services through Adapt IT’s private cloud;
- Advise and lead partner engagements with Amazon, Microsoft, Oracle and Huawei on strategies for migrating clients to AWS, Azure, Oracle and Huawei cloud solutions;
- Provides technical and functional support for AdaptIT Education products including our ITS Integrator ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems;
- Embed customer-centricity DNA in how AdaptIT manages its relationship with clients. The role is responsible for facilitating ownership of customer experience excellence throughout our business.
Essential Functions - Support
- Assists in developing procedures to ensure integrity of systems and databases;
- Assists in ensuring that external/internal regulations and policies governing data management are met, including regulations concerning security, audit and privacy;
- Thoroughly understands subsystems, the architecture and solution integration;
- Troubleshoots application software and database problems on a timely basis;
- Maintains liaisons with business, technical staff, and extended support organizations for resolution of issues;
- Works with end users on all functional modules to document business needs/requirements for upgrades and enhancements;
- Develop and deploy the company’s customer experience strategy, including characterisation of strategic customer segments and and systematic collection and application of customer experience insights for strategic advantage and growth
- Coordinate the various roles associated with customer experience management throughout the division, minimising silos of systems, data, assumptions, hand-offs, performance and customer touch-points
- Establish and roll-out the company’s customer experience maturity roadmap for holistic management and incremental sophistication as internal capabilities increase and external expectations evolve
- Develop an efficient portfolio of customer experience insights and analytics that provide an integrated single view of each customer;
- Develop customer experience performance dashboards that connect lagging indicators of market performance and leading indicators of team performance related to key drivers of customer lifetime
- Develop and deploy systematic actioning on customer experience insights by cross-functional representatives, to prevent recurrence of issues and to create new mutual value associated with key drivers of customer lifetime value;
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or a closely related field;
- At least 15 years of increasingly responsible experience in an information technology environment;
- At least 10 years’ in implementing and supporting an ERP;
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems analysis and information technology principles;
- Experience with reporting and analytic applications from the Technical support perspective (application support, object definitions, end-user support, etc.);
- Customer service minded and solutions oriented;
- Ability to work with a wide variety of problems and personalities, while continuing to promote a professional and pleasant demeanour;
- Ability to exercise substantial judgment and work with limited supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to create shared vision, inspire collaboration, and drive change with momentum;
- Proven ability to manage diverse efforts’ synergies;
- Experienced in navigating ambiguity and change with an entrepreneurial mindset;
- Track record of customer-centric decision-making;
- Strong background in customer research and analytics techniques, customer strategy, process improvement, and performance management;
- Tech-savvy in evolving technologies;
- Comfortable with public speaking and facilitating large group sessions.
- Work experience in P&L units or multiple functional areas, such support, quality, service, etc
- Experience in and exposure to the Education or Learning Management area will be an added advantage.
- Some financial exposure will be beneficial.