Purpose of Position:
Our client, which operates in the Information and Communications Technology Industry, is seeking the professional expertise of a Business Development Consultant to join our team.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for new business development and generating revenue in relation to the sales targets. The incumbent will be tasked to increase market share and also share of wallet of the account with the customer through effective new business development, direct sales and customer relationship management.
Total CTC between R30k and R60k (excluding commission) negotiable and depending on experience.
Key Performance Areas:
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs.
- Finding and developing new markets to improve sales.
- Promote the Company’s product/services while address the client’s objectives.
- Responsible for creating and driving their sales pipeline.
Delivery - Customer Satisfaction:
- Orchestrate internal resources insales and delivery to give the customer an enhanced experience across touch-points.
- Build a trusted group of reference-able customers.
- Ensure a smooth hand-off of all new accounts to the account management teams.
- Drive resource forecasting for the account from both confirmed opportunities as well as the opportunities in pipeline.
Offering - Competency Development:
- Look at solutions from the customer perspectives and competitive intelligence to develop new vertical and horizontal solutions.
- Showcase our solutions as a strategic fit for the customer organisation.
- Push for higher value added services and solutions to the customer in line with our offerings.
- Capture and create integrated opportunities with end-to-end solution delivery requirements.
The role will demand extensive knowledge and experience of:
- New business development activities through direct
- Developing strong relationships with the customer leading to deep understanding of their products and long-term business strategies.
- Supporting development and implementing sales strategy.
- Building and maintaining a network of public and private customer contacts and partners in the region.
- Drive increase in deal signing margins through consultative selling, single source deals and a coordinated sales strategy.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a hunter role, preferably business to business sales; and
- Proven track record of targets achieved.
- Must be target driven and ensure targets are achieved.
- Sound track record of achievement of sales targets.
- Sound Business Acumen.
- Previous experience and proven knowledge of telecommunications and system integration industry.
- Microsoft Office proficiency – advanced level.
- Own vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Fluent in English Language (Ability to speak, write and read).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility & adaptability.
- Ability and willingness to travel