The Data Engineer is responsible for developing modern Data Engineering solutions using the Microsoft Technology Stack (E.g. Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data bricks). This will include the transformation of the existing data platform to a modern design.
- As a Data Engineer, you will be involved in the design and development of various Data Engineering solutions. This will include the build of reports on company data and the automated delivery to various stakeholders.
- You will be responsible for developing modern Data Engineering solutions using the Microsoft Technology Stack (E.g. Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data bricks). This will include Data Warehousing, Extract Transform Load (ETL), Reporting, Big Data, Analytics, Master Data Management, and Data Science.
- Design, code, and test SQL scripts to report and aggregate the results to create useful information.
- Provide support in Platform/Data migrations & Data Integration.
- Degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Developer, or in Business Intelligence.
- 4+ years of experience in database design or integration experience with Relational Databases.
- Experience working on Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- Hands-on experience on data engineering on Microsoft Azure platform
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure Stack including Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data bricks, Notebooks, Analytics / OLAP Cube Development (Microsoft AAS and MDX), Log Analytics, DevOps, Python, Pyspark Sql, Spark Sql, and Data Modelling.
- Knowledge of Relational Database and SQL Language
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) using Microsoft SSIS, Data Warehouse / Solution Design.
- Report Development using Microsoft SSRS, QlikView, Power BI, and Tableau.
- Development of written documentation such as user manuals, specification documents, and high-level diagrams