The Contributions Administrator is responsible for the accurate and timeous processing of contributions within the agreed service level between SALT EB and the Fund and meeting production standards. The duties include requesting information, responding to enquiries and providing assistance to Client Services, the Call Centre, Claims team, employers and external service providers.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Perform all contribution related activities which include the complete contribution processing cycle of all contributions, all contribution related enquiries and complaints.
- Process contributions according to the rules, policies, legislation, administration procedures and the service level agreement.
- Process refunds according to administration processes within the service level agreements.
- Meet production standards in terms of quantity and quality.
- Liaise with employers and service providers both written and verbal.
- Devote the whole of your time, attention and abilities during working hours to the discharge of your duties with strict accuracy.
- Ensure email communication, whether internal or external is dealt with professionally and within the service level agreement.
- Any other duties as determined by the the business needs and participate in all organizational events as required.
Record Keeping and Filing
- Attach all email correspondence to the member's record.
- Record all appropriate member notes on member's Everest record.
- Attend to all email and telephonic enquiries both internal and external.
- Assist Client Services, the Call Centre, Claims team, employers and external service providers to resolve queries.
Applying the rules, policies and administration procedures of different funds in accordance
- with the Co standards service level agreements
- Follow through and provide client with on-going feedback until enquiry is resolved.
- Support a positive and responsive climate for client enquiry resolution.
- Action all escalated enquiries within 24 - 72 hours.
- Accept accountability and take responsibility for any work done or allocated.
- Display a willing and helpful attitude.
- Action any other responsibilities allocated by the manager.
- Cheque releasing, Year ends & Benefit statements
- Build and maintain relationships at all levels with service providers and internal departments to enhance organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Use your best endeavors to properly conduct, improve, extend, develop, promote, protect and preserve the business interests, reputation and goodwill of the company
- Excellent time management.
- Must be available to work overtime when the need arises.
- Flexible and ability to work under pressure and multitask.
Education, Language & Qualifications
- Matric certificate with maths.
- Good command of English.
- FICA awareness training.
Essential Knowledge, skills and Experience
- At least 2 years employee benefits / retirement fund administration experience specifically in a similiar role processing retirement fund contributions and dealing with employers and external providers.
- A solid knowledge of pension fund legislation, (specifically Section 13A), regulations and guidelines.
- Everest experience will be advantageous.
- Knowledge and understanding of unitisation.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent numerical skills with attention to detaill and accuracy.
- Methodical and meticulous.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A self-starter who can work independently with minimal support but who can also work in a team environment.