Job Title: Company Secretary
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Chartered accountant / Lawyer (LLB and/or similar qualification) or degree preferably with CIS
or ICSA qualification
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position or operating on a similar level
• Financial services industry experience
• A wealth of knowledge and experience in drafting board resolutions, compliance and
• An understanding of the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements,
guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organisations, both internally and
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
• Performing company secretarial responsibilities for teh company and its South African
• Providing legal and governance support and advice to the board and providing directors with
guidance in their duties, responsibilities and powers. This includes arranging induction and
training of directors.
• Remaining abreast of developments in corporate governance, ensuring that the company and
directors adhere to the highest governance standards as detailed in King IV.
• Assisting with the formulation of agendas and compiling of pre-reading for board and committee
• Preparing minutes of proceedings and draft resolutions.
• Communicating board decisions to relevant stakeholders and following up on board-related
• Liaising with regulators, external advisors and relevant stakeholders.
• Preparing relevant sections of the annual financial statements, regulatory reports, Notice of AGM,
ancillary documentation and ensuring that regulatory deadlines are met.
• Secure compliance with the Companies Act and the companys’ Memorandum of Incorporation
• Accountability for ensuring that all submissions relating to directors and key persons are made to
the CIPC, Prudential Authority and Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA).
• Continuous updates of the company’s Delegation of Authority, as required by good corporate
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Influencing skills
• Negotiation skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Planning and Organising
• Attention to detail
• Deadline Driven
• Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal)
• Maintain Confidentiality
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link