Our Client in the Financial Industry in Sandton, Jhb, has a 6 month contract for a BI Business Analyst (midlevel - senior).
Purpose: The purpose of this role is to investigate, design, implement and maintain Management Information (MI) and Business Intelligence (BI) solutions to provide timely and accurate reporting and solutioning development to business in order to enable informed decision making. This is to be achieved by establishing and maintaining effective relationships with the relevant stakeholders and applying intimate knowledge of data systems in the context of the core business.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum Requirements - Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business or similar with a focus on analytics, business information management or equivalent NQF level 6 qualification
- Preferred Requirements - M sc. Statistics / M Com. Informatics / B.Com Honours
- Five (5) years relevant experience in Business Intelligence / Management Information.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools i.e. Business Objects, QlikView, Data warehouse
- Previous experience in dealing with cross functional and multiple jurisdiction team would be advantageous
- Experienced in senior stakeholder management
1. Management Information (MI) and Business Intelligence
- Engage with internal business and technical stakeholders to understand requirements and ensure objectives, priorities and key requirements are agreed and understood.
- Interpret data and identify issues, risks and opportunities and relate results and insights to Business users.
- Conceptualize, design, and build Management Information (MI) / Business Intelligence (BI) models in support of business requirements.
- Oversee integrity of reports, both when developing new reports as well as when executing existing scripts to ensure data is accurately presented.
- Engage with business unit stakeholders to develop easy to use reporting (databases, cubes and build them into MI)
- Liaise with external contracted suppliers to implement new solutions required by business users
- Construct and execute Structured Query Language (SQL) database queries to extract needed data. This includes new and existing data queries
- Support the reverse engineering of existing solutions where required
- To be able to data mine, analyse and solve issues that arise.
2. Governance and Control
- Create project plans where necessary to better manage required outcomes and coordinate with other team members to timely deliver a working product.
- Ensure compliance to policies, legislation and regulations and that staff compliance training and attestations are in place
- Adhere to the core Data Governance disciplines as defined by the Data Governance Organisation (DGO) when performing business intelligence activities within the SBU (business unit). This include: data quality management information lifecycle management and information security and privacy.
- Conduct integrity checks on all extracted data to ensure correct data is incorporated into the reports.
3. Relationship Building & Networking & Research
- Develop & maintain relationships within relevant business units understand their requirements & gather feedback.
- Work with stakeholders (Business Units, Group Technology etc.) to create and maintain a portfolio of technology MI, utilising consistent and validated data sources
- Check that information is correct as it is the only source of input and incorrect reporting could have financial and brand implications for the Absa Group
- Stay abreast of knowledge and skills relevant to the level and area of work, as well as actively seeking to attain those required for the next level of work
- Develop a thorough knowledge of various systems and related reporting.
- Recommend changes to the way of work in accordance with best practice industry standards.
- Work with the end users and client team members to define application functional and usability requirements.
- Ensure that other project team members understand the implications of functional and usability requirements.
- Educate users where required on the design or how to utilise the solution.