Essentials for the Role
- Candidates must have warehousing supervision plus experience in importing and exporting from warehouse
- Must be prepared to work longer hours when necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with suppliers and customers.
- All work related written correspondence must be professionally presented and in grammatically correct English.
- The ability to multitask is a must.
- Attention to detail with regard to documentation, record keeping and stock management is absolutely essential – YOU WILL BE ASSESSED!
- Only candidates with good job tenure will be considered
The employee’s specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Reporting to warehouse manager
- Supervising perm and contract staff in a manner befitting of the company.
- Participate in the hiring/fining and/or disciplinary process in support of the warehouse manager.
- Help to maintain good staff relations.
2. Liaising with the State Veterinarians for inspections and health and certificates when applicable.
- Scheduling Intertek, SGS etc. inspections when and where required.
- Consolidating goods for shipment, including domestic movements.
- Coordinating upliftment of product.
- Taking instruction from warehouse manager/sales agents/logistics team/buyers to facilitate the logistics process.
- Ensure all goods are loaded in a manner that is safe for transit.
3. Overseeing export logistics for shipments, via airfreight, road freight and sea freight.
- Liaising with logistics managers and freight forwarders when applicable, to ensure product movements receipts are handled smoothly and timely.
- Liaising with state veterinary officials for import ad export permits, health certificates, and/or goods in transit permits when applicable.
- Ensuring stock received corresponds with weigh bridge tickets and supplier bag counts.
4. Stock Management and Reconciliation.
- Managing stores to ensure stocks are managed properly.
- Stock reconciliation/ counts to ensure there is no stock loss.
- Protecting stock from damage to packaging and presentation.
5. Maintaining files of all product receipts and dispatches including but not limited to ensuring photo documentation of loaded trucks, PODs COAs are accurately maintained in a system.
If you fit ALL of the requirements please send your CV in a Word format
If you have not received feedback within two weeks please presume your application has been unsuccessful
Please do not apply if you do not fit all of the requirements.