Required Qualifications and Experience
• BSc/MSc in Maths/Stats, Engineering, Actuarial Science or similar
• MBA or similar post-grad qualification advantageous
5 - 8 years experience in a similar role within the insurance industry
Responsible for turning the data into value through insights, decision engines, in-depth analysis and data science. This Job will lead the company to a point where decisions are made based on insights from data and automated models.
The incumbent will be responsible for
• Supporting the development of the overall data and analytics vision and roadmap with each of the respective business units
• Identifying, prioritizing and delivering on key business opportunities where improved insights and advance analytics can drive bottom line value
• Driving senior buy-in and leadership for analytical decision making and advanced analytics
• Developing and continuously refining the data strategy with the respective business units
• Supporting the development of the people capability required to deliver against the analytics agenda
• Supporting the design and delivery of the right infrastructure (databases, BI tools, modeling software) to support the analytics agenda.
• Defining Analytics and Data Science strategic road map, clearly setting out short, medium- and long-term goals for the team.
• Manage and provide leadership to a team filled with analytics and data science professionals
• Participate in strategic and operational governance processes within the business.
• Together with the business identify analytics and data science opportunities and implement based on potential value add. These solutions would include but are not limited to: Sales and Distribution, Underwriting, Claims, Procurement.
• Partner With Continuous Improvement, Customer & Broker Experience and Business Support teams to deliver for internal clients.
• Establish relationships across business.
• Drive adoption of all tools built for the business and track return on investment.
• The heads of each area within the business:
• The head of BI
• The head of Claims
• The head of Procurement
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Strong background in business strategy combined with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Deep experience in analytics (big data, data science, database mining, statistical, modelling and programming knowledge, test & learn)
• Excellent relationship management, facilitation and thought leadership skills
• Strong communication skills (written and oral)
• Excellent people management and team leadership skills (in particular, with regard to analysts and data scientists)
• Strong project management and delivery skills
• Expert in MS Office, SQL and good experience in database analytical tools and statistical packages (e.g. SAS)
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link