The Data Solutions Architect is responsible for architecting the end to end technical enablement that drives data sourcing, data integration, data transformation, data mining, data analytics, and the operationalization thereof.
Focusing on identifying data driven opportunities and leveraging enterprise architecture principals to support business enablement. You will do this by conducting project outputs and working closely with business users, technology teams and data analysts through an agile way of work to guide strategic direction. Participate in design thinking processes to successfully deliver data solution designs.
IFRS17 is the new accounting standard for insurance contracts, your goal is to design a sound architecture that focuses on the data flow from source to destination; therefore from the various transactional systems, into the Big Data platform, the General Ledger (GL), and back to the end state for advanced analytics.
As a member of the architecture team, you will be dedicated to the IFRS17 project to deliver all architecture related tasks. Segway between technical enablement as well as the 7V’s of Big Data to ensure business success and regulatory alignment. The output of your work will set the standard for other regulatory programs such as POPIA & GDPR.
Your focus distribution will be 70% data and 30% technology, however your sound technology background will enable you to employ complex transitioning between the various systems with minimal effort and complete data integrity.
Engage with business users to understand the source systems and functional requirements of its underlying data, the lifecycle of the data, data classification and how it relates to the requirements, leveraging your expertise to synthesize data solution designs.
Ensure that detailed designs are well articulated and documented for reference by technical, development and actuarial teams, including data dictionaries. Obtain design approval from architectural forums, and support the technical implementation of your designs. Ensure solutions align to the design and direction of the group data standards, principles, and policies. Data governance and security controls is critical considering PII flows through multiple sources, and may need to be obfuscated or referenced without impacting the performance of the end to end solution.
• Architecture design
• Architecture solution enablement
• Architectural and Project governance adherence
• Regulatory compliance enablement
• Stakeholder management
• Problem solving
• Insurance or Financial Services experience & knowledge is a must
• IFRS4/ IFRS17 knowledge an advantage
• At least 5 years demonstrated experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures
• At least 2 years demonstrated experience with agile or other rapid application development methods - Agile exposure, Kanban or Scrum
• 5+ years Data or Software engineering
• 2+ years experience with Extract Transform and Load (ETL) processes
• 2+ years Big Data experience
• Working experience in Hadoop & Denodo & Mongo
• Data environments including DB2, SQL, Postgres, Oracle & NoSQL
• Knowledge of Oracle ODA, OEDQ, OCH
• Data streaming experience (IBM CDC, Kafka, Spark)
• Effectively communicate with business user, project team, technical experts and data analysts
• Requirements gathering and documenting technical requirements
• Data modeling, Data dictionary & Data governance
• Data visualization and reporting
• Linux Administration background
• Practical track record of T-SQL
• Python Scripting, Shell Scripting, Core Java programming language
• Archimate & Draw.io
• Cloud enablement an advantage
• Working experience/ knowledge of SAP HANA an advantage
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent work experience
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.